Department of Computer Science
Computer Vision and Geometry Group
CNB D 102.4
+41 (0)44 63 31 916
I'm a second year PhD student working at the Computer Vision and Geometry Group (CVG) of the Institute for Visual Computing at the Swiss Federal Institute of Technology Zurich (ETHZ), under the supervision of Prof. Marc Pollefeys.
Before coming joining CVG, I did my M.Sc. in Computer Vision and Robotics at Vibot and my B.Sc. in Mechatronics at Universidad Panamericana in Mexico City.
- Sensor fusion and visual SLAM on mobile platforms.
- Use of lines and vanishing points for egomotion estimation on realtime applications.
- Direct computation of vanishing points on wide field of view images.
- Project TangoI have been given the chance to contribute to Google's Project Tango. This project concentrates years of research in sensor fusion and computer vision and brings it to the mobile device arena.
- Turning Mobile Phones into 3D ScannersI did work on enabling a consumer-grade smartphone to perform a dense reconstruction of a real-world object on realtime.